Driving DIGITAL.. to catch one of the few first jets!!
Hannover Messe 2018, has been a wonderful event in terms of Going Digital. The concepts shared by the Messe are the facts followed by and will be followed by industries.
- Industrie 4.0
- Integrated energy
- Smart supply
- Predictive maintenance
- Lightweight construction
- Digital twin
Penguin Engineers participates at this messe, every year, and we are gearing up with the Industry 4.0 concepts in terms of IIOT, Augmented reality along with security. We showcased some of our machines in Augmented reality and some of our machines are IOT-enabled.
Penguin Engineers is working along with its IT partner, Appville Softwares, in terms of Predictive Maintenance, and already started analysis of its data on the cloud.
The Hannover Messe is one of the world's largest trade fairs. It is held on the Hanover Fairground in Hanover, Lower Saxony, Germany.
- Data collection: The data collection from its PLC/ SPS are done with an IOT box and all the data are stored in an Amazon (AWS) cloud. The data are taken for monitoring the machine production and also diagnoise the machine health constantly.
- Data verficiation: The data collected is verified for its correctness and unwanted data are eliminated to form a clean data.
- Predicting Model: At this juncture, the data is analyzed to predict a model, that is followed with the OEM intelligence, to compare the attributes given by the OEM, on the observation of its past history.
- Machine health: The machine health is monitored for its specific tasks on the weekly basis, and a report card is generated, as and when needed. We plan to push the notification to our customers, based on the health card, and plan the downtime, to a very minimal time. In this way, the customer, will save costs and production loss is minimized.
As the Messe, says, Connect and collobrate, this was the theme, followed by many of its gaints, like Microsoft, IBM, Cisco, Siemens, etc where they had third party members colloborating with their respective tools to showcase a unique case study. Most of the cases, where analyzed with respect to the brownfield level, as retrofit will be the major hurdles for the running industry. All the greenfield projects shall have well enabled themes for digital factories.
Predictive maintenance and Digital Twins will be the two faces of the industry for the next year.
Some points to be taken care on the Predictive algorithm:
- What to do, when to do - All to be predicted
- Production planning becomes easier
- Maintenance scheduling - should be done at fingertips/ reminded by bots, with Augmented reality
- Retentive knowledge - pulling data from head into software is the key for the present generation!!
- Risk management - whether it is going to fail.
- Need a very clear structure of how to go about, and more important, you need to know - WHAT YOU NEED!!
- How far are the companies going to adapt soon ... is the question!!
It is already started to be one of the points to that is listed in the Budget sessions for the top management!!
Gather Data -> Store & Clean -> Analyze -> Display meaningful data → Predict