Mixed reality for Manufacturing 4.0
Mixed reality (MR) is the merging of real and virtual worlds to produce new environments and visualizations, where physical and digital objects co-exist and interact in real time.
Appville Softwares devliers mixed reality solutions to the connected worker to enable him to deliver remote operations and operations for manufacturing and smart factory applications.
Augmented Reality is a technology
Immersive technology enables mixed reality; which is a combination of Virtual reality and Augmented reality or a combination of physical and digital. in some uses, the term "immersive computing" is effectively synonymous with mixed reality as user interface.
Mixed reality is a blend of physical and virtual worlds that includes both real and computer-generated objects. ... Mixed reality (MR) combines aspects of virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR). It sometimes called "enhanced" AR since it is similar to AR technology, but provides more physical interaction.
5 key benefits of mixed reality for manufacturers
- Reduce call out times for maintenance.
- Speed up the quality control process.
- Improve employee training.
- Minimise the skilled labour shortage.
- Stay competitive with mixed reality.
Benefits of Mixed reality
- Military Training. It is used to simulate combat battlegrounds for military training using HMD's.
- Real Asset Virtualization Environment (RAVE)
- Remote Working.
- Interactive Product Content Management (IPCM).
- Simulation-Based Learning.